I’ve just today learned how to make a map with TileMill, using the tutorial found at http://mapbox.com/tilemill/docs/crashcourse/introduction/, and uploaded it to MapBox. I also installed a plugin that allows me to display MapBox maps within WordPress. You can use the mouse to pan and zoom from within the post. I’m looking forward to experimenting further with this technology, it seems really simple to use.
One problem I’ve noticed is that sometimes the symbol markers are cutoff. You can see an example of this if you pan the map to the area north of New Zealand. The problem has persisted through this project, from desktop to web. I assume that one of the tile seams is cutting off the marker symbols.
Comments are closed.